- Te Puni Kōkiri have published a Civil Defence Marae Emergency Preparedness Plan. This resource is designed to help prepare Marae in the event of a natural disaster or emergency. https://www.tpk.govt.nz/en/a-matou-mohiotanga
- Last week five two-bedroom, pre-fabricated papakāinga homes were opened at Kōkōhīnau Marae, Te Teko. The $2.7 million development was carried out with funding support from the Te Puni Kōkiri Māori Housing Network and the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment.
- Mathew Pooley (Ngāi Tahu, Koukourārata), Cheyenne Wilson (Ngāi Tūhoe, Ngāti Awa, Ngāti Tūwharetoa, Te Arawa) and Harepaora Ngaheu (Ngāti Awa, Te Whānau-ā-Apanui) have been named the 2018 Ahuwhenua Young Māori Farmer finalist. The winner will be announced 25 May.
- Amber Craig (Ngāti Kahungunu ki Wairarapa, Rangitāne), Robyn Kamira (Te Rarawa) and Michael Taitoko (Ngāti Maniapoto) have been appointed to the Digital Economy and Digital Inclusion Advisory Group.
- Daniel Procter (Ngāti Uepohatu, Ngai Tāmanuhiri, Ngāti Rangiwaho) has been appointed as Deputy Chairperson to the Te Kōhanga Reo National Trust Board.
- Miriana Stephens (Ngāti Rārua, Ngāiterangi, Ngāti Ranginui), Puawai Wereta (Ngāti Tūwharetoa) and Nadine Tunley(Ngāti Wheke, Ngāti Waewae) have been appointed to the Primary Sector Council.